Credits: Ceri, Zenxin master chef
This salad is a great way to take in your ‘5 a day’ a day &; fruit and veggies with the added benefitof both heart-healthy olive oil and antimicrobial black seed oil blended with fresh lemon inthe dressing. The additional sweetness of the Kiku apple brings together and enhancesthe overall mixture. This is a wonderful way to add rainbow colours, crunchy texture andvibrant energy to your diet.Especially imported from Australia, sweet, organic beetroot are rich in potassium,magnesium, manganese and iron as well as the vitamins A & C and the B vitamin group.Beets are also rich in betaine which fights inflammation and is beneficial for emotionalhealth.Their characteristic red colour is from the pigment betalain, a powerful protectiveantioxidant that replaces anthocyanin in flowering plants of the Caryophyllales order. Itprovides anti-inflammatory and detox support, helping to reduce cancer risk and lessentumour cell growth. It is heat sensitive and loses its protective power with heat, so eatingthe beetroot raw is highly beneficial.
- The seasoning, lemon and oils can of course be whisked together and mixed with the other ingredients after finely chopping them by hand.
- 400g Organic Raw Beetroot, peeled and cubed
- 100g Organic Raw Carrot, peeled and cubed
- Half a small Organic Red Onion (~50g)
- 1 Organic Kiku Apple
- Juice of half an Organic Lemon
- A handful of Organic Coriander, choppped
- ¼ tsp Simply Natural Himalayan Black Salt
- Freshly ground Simply Natural Organic Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Simply Natural Spanish Organic Cold-pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Simply Natural Organic Black Seed Oil (Nigella sativa)
- Squeeze the lemon juice through the simmering basket into the Thermomix bowl.
- Top, tail and peel the red onion, chop and add to the lemon juice.
- Wash, top, tail and peel the carrot, cube and add to the TX bowl.
- Wash, top, tail and peel the beetroot, cube and add to the TX bowl.
- Wash, quarter and core the apple and slice into the TX bowl.
- Wash, remove the roots and chop the coriander and add to the TX bowl.
- Add in the pepper, salt and oils.
- Blend together for 10 secs at speed 5.
- Turn out into a serving bowl and enjoy or chill to serve later.