ZENXIN Master Chef
Soothing Aronia Flaxseed Pudding
Credits: Ceri, Zenxin master chef
Aronia berries or Chokeberries belong to the Rose family Rosaceae. They grow in North America and are now naturalised in Eastern Europe. The berries are somewhat tart, but have high levels of anthocyanins making them a very beneficial addition to the diet to help lower both the risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease while reducing cognitive decline.
Flaxseeds are known to improve digestive health and relieve constipation. Their fibre also helps with balancing blood sugar and removing LDL cholesterol which also improves cardiovascular health. An added heart benefit is their high levels of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and to complete the picture
With flaxseeds it is always best to freshly grind the amount you need to use as once ground they begin to oxidise and will go rancid within a few weeks, losing all the nutritional benefits. Grind them to get the full benefits of the fibre and omega-3. Keep the the whole seeds fresh by storing them in an air-tight container in the fridge or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- Preparation: Overnight soak + 10 mins
- Total: Overnight soak + 10 mins
- Serves: 6-8
- 1 cup Simply Natural Organic Brown Flaxseeds
- 1 cup Organic Aronia Juice
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 tsp Simply Natural Organic Aronia Powder
- 1 tbsp Simply Natural Organic Acacia Honey
- A pinch of Simply Natural French Sea Salt
- Unsweetened Greek Yoghurt with live bacteria
- A handful of Organic Blueberries
- A few chopped Simply Natural Deglet Noor Dates and Dried Mulberries for garnish.
- Grind the flaxseeds (TX 30 secs speed 10).
- Add the aronia juice, aronia powder and filtered water and stir thoroughly.
- Stir in the acacia honey and a pinch of salt and leave to chill overnight.
- Portion into the serving glasses and top with a spoonful of live yoghurt.
- Wash and pat dry the blueberries and chop the dates.
- Add to the serving glasses as topping with the dried mulberries.
7. Serve and enjoy!