Credits: Ceri, Zenxin master chef
This salad is another great way to take in your ‘5 a day’ fruit and veggies with the added benefits of anti-microbial black seed oil, heart-healthy olive oil, raw honey & raspberry vinegar blended together in a delicious dressing. Add these Spring colours, crunchy texture and vibrant energy to your diet!
An amazing example of the Fibonacci fractal in Nature, this light green member of the cabbage family is a delicious addition to your diet. Although originating in Italy in the 16th century, our organic Romanesco broccoli comes to us from Murcia, Spain.
More delicious than either broccoli or cauliflower and it requires less time to cook, so here we have simply blanched it for 2 minutes then plunged it in cold water. The delicate nutty flavour goes well with the macadamia nuts and dressing. It is a low calorie, high fibre food, rich in vitamins C, K and carotenoids and like other members of the cabbage family contains the cancer-fighting sulforaphanes.
- 250g Organic Romanesco broccoli
- 1 ripe Organic Mango, cubed
- 100g Organic Greek Feta Cheese
- 100g Simply Natural Premium Macadamia Nuts, chopped
- Freshly ground Simply Natural Organic Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Simply Natural Spanish Organic Cold-pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Simply Natural Organic Black Seed Oil (Nigella sativa)
- 2 tablespoons Raw Organic Lavender Honey
- 3 tablespoons Organic Raspberry Vinegar
- Whisk together oils, honey and vinegar adding in the freshly ground black pepper.
- Wash the Romanesco broccoli and cut into bite size pieces.
- Bring water to the boil and blanch the pieces for 2 mins, then plunge into cold water.
- Drain and empty into a serving bowl.
- Remove skin and seed from mango, cut into small cubes and add to bowl.
- Crumble the feta cheese over the fruit and veggies.
- Chop macadamia nuts and add to bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over the mixture and carefully combine.
- Serve and enjoy!