Carrot and Coriander Soup
- 0 g Simply Natural Red Split Lentils
- ½ ZENXIN Organic Lemon, thin peelings of skin only
- 2 cm ZENXIN Organic Root Ginger, peeled, cut in round slices (2 mm)
- 300 g ZENXIN Organic Carrots, cut in pieces (3-4 cm)
- 50 g ZENXIN Organic Onions, quartered
- 50 g unsalted butter, diced 1 vegetable stock cube (for 0.5 l), crumbled or 1 heaped tsp vegetable stock paste, homemade
- 500 g water
- ½ tsp Simply Natural French Sea Salt (Fine)
- ¼ tsp Simply Natural Organic Black Pepper (Ground)
- 2 sprigs ZENXIN Organic Fresh Coriander, leaves only, plus extra roughly chopped for garnishing
- 100 g milk, plus extra for serving if desired or single cream, plus extra for serving if desired
- Place lentils, lemon peel and ginger in mixing bowl then grind 10 sec/speed 10. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula then grind again 10 sec/speed 10.
- Add carrots, onions and butter then chop 4 sec/speed 4.5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add vegetable stock, water, salt and pepper then cook 15 min/100°C/speed
- Add coriander and milk then blend until smooth 1 min/speed 5-10, increasing speed gradually. Garnish with roughly chopped coriander and a swirl of milk if desired then serve hot.
- Blend lentils, lemon peel and ginger. Set aside.
- Next, chop carrots, onions and mix with butter. Set aside.
- In a cooking pot, add all blended and chopped ingredients with vegetable stock, water, salt and pepper. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Before serving, add coriander and milk then mix well.
- Garnish with roughly chopped coriander and a swirl of milk if desired then serve hot.
Buy 2 For $8.88