Orange Honey Glazed Chicken
2 hours 30 minutes
+ marinate overnight
- 1 ZENXIN antibiotic-free whole chicken
- 2 Organic Navel Oranges, zested and juiced
- 100g Butter
- 4 cloves Organic Morado Garlic, crushed
- 15g Simply Natural Organic Soy Sauce
- 20g Simply Natural Organic Brown Sugar
- 5g Fresh rosemary
- 5g Simply Natural French Sea Salt
- 5g Simply Natural Ground Black Pepper
Orange Honey Glazed Sauce:
- 1 Organic Navel Orange, zested and juiced
- 40 g Simply Natural Organic Brown Sugar
- 30 ml Simply Natural Fresh Raw Honey
- ½ Organic Navel Orange, sliced for garnish (optional)
- 1 sprig Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Using a vegetable peeler, zest 2 oranges into strips (approx. 4 cm), avoiding the white pith. Thinly slice crosswise, set aside the zest. Juice all 2 oranges and set juice aside.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, rosemary, orange juice, orange zest, salt and pepper. Spread the mixture all over the chickenand marinate overnight.
Orange Honey Glaze Sauce
- In a small saucepan, combine orange juice, orange zest, brown sugar and honey. Bring to boil, reduce heat and let simmer until sauce thickens to half.
- Preheat the ovento 200˚C. Bake the chicken cover with aluminum foil for 1 hour.
- Remove the aluminum foil, brush the orange honey glaze onto the chicken skin and further roast for 30 minutes, or until juices run clear when pierced in the thickest part of the thigh.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and brush with another layer of orange honey glaze.
- Garnish with orange slices and additional chopped fresh parsley if desired, serve with the reserved orange honey glaze.
- Cooking time may vary depending on the size of your chicken.
- You may substitute orange to lemon in this recipe.
- 30 minutes before the endof cooking, continue to baste with orange honey glaze every 10 minutes to keep the chicken more moist and juicier.