East meets West from the time of the British Raj resulting in a delicious soup served in gentlemen’s clubs since the 19 th century. Based on the South Indian rasam or ‘pepper water’ (in Tamil milagu thani) to which which a wide selection of vegetables and apple have been added, this fragrant soup offers amazing health benefits.
Traditional healing spices in our special curry powder include coriander, red chilli, cumin,
sesame, fenugreek, salt, mustard, clove, cinnamon, cardamon, black pepper, asafoetida,
mace, turmeric and nutmeg. Add garlic with beneficial sulphur compounds and ginger with
the powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory gingerol and you have an immune boosting
Our pride at Zenxin is our range of fresh organic fruit and vegetables, here we have added the classic mirepoix veggies plus nutrient dense parsnip, apple and lemon. The mirepoix is
sautéed in one of Ayurveda’s treasured healing foods, organic grass-fed ghee.
Print recipe:Healthy Organic Muligatawny Soup
Preparation: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total: 50 mins
- 2 + 1 tbsp organic grass-fed ghee
- 3 medium brown organic onions, chopped ~2 cups
- 1 organic Thai carrot, peeled and chopped ~1½ cup
- 4 stalks of organic celery, chopped ~1 cup
- 1 organic parsnip, peeled and chopped ~½ cup
- 5 cloves of organic Morado garlic
- 2 tbsp finely grated fresh organic Peruvian ginger
- 2 heaped tsp Simply Natural organic curry powder
- ½ tsp ground organic coriander
- 150g Simply Natural organic red lentils
- 1 organic Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped small
- Juice of 1 organic lemon
- organic coriander and slices of organic red
- chilli to garnish
- Wash and prepare all the vegetables, chopping into similar size pieces.
- Measure 2 tbsp ghee into the Thermomix bowl and stir fry onions, carrots, parsnips and celery on reverse at 98°C speed 1 for 12 mins. Reserve.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and grate the ginger
- Measure 1 tbsp ghee into the Thermomix bowl add the ginger, garlic and spices and stir
- fry for 6 mins at 98°C speed 1.
- Add the lentils, followed by the reserved veggies and water to the 2 litre mark.
- Cook for 30 mins on reverse at 98°C speed 1
- Add the cored, chopped apple and lemon juice
- Add French sea salt to taste and enjoy 🙂