Oatmeal Date SmoothieThis simple oat and date milk recipe provides a really fast way to improve your overall health.
Oats are in the top 5 foods recommended by the Mayo Clinic and Harvard Medical School for reducing LDL. This is the harmful cholesterol-carrying particle that contributes to artery-clogging atherosclerosis. The beta-glucan in oats is a fantastic soluble fibre which binds cholesterol and its precursors in the digestive system and drags them out of the body before they get into circulation.
Dates are perhaps the best natural sweetener on the planet. It is no accident they are used as a restorative after fasting. Not only delicious, they are anti-pathogenic, meaning they help sweep parasites, yeast, moulds, bacteria, viruses and heavy metals out of the digestive system.
They also contain soluble and insoluble fibre and a wealth of bioactive minerals which help with improving peristalsis and prevent constipation, assist in bone growth and maintenance, reduce triglyceride levels and give a natural energy boost unlike processed foods.
This can be part of the 2-3 litres of fluid that we need daily to keep hydrated.
Credits: Ceri, Zenxin master chef
Print the recipe! Simple Oat and Date Milk
Key factsPreparation: Overnight + 2 mins Cooking time: 0 mins Total: Overnight + 2 mins Serves: 6
- 1 cup organic rolled oats (soaked overnight)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 8 organic pitted dates
- 1 litre filtered water or a good mineral water like Volvic or Fiji
- Soak 1 cup of oats overnight with 1 cup of water, pour off any excess in the morning
- Soak the 8 pitted dates in 1 litre of water blending gently. For a finer milk sieve the date water.
- Add the soaked oats and blend until smooth. * If using, Thermomix, speed 10 for 2 mins.
- Enjoy your cup of nourishing, health boosting, dairy-free milk!
The ingredients! ▼
Buy 3 Get Free Gift