ZENXIN Master Chef
Organic Roast Parsnips with Garlic and Rosemary
Simply Delicious Roast ParsnipsParsnip are rich in vitamin C and Vitamin B which cannot be stored in the body, so for a ‘HealthierYou’ use parsnips as one of the veggies to ensure a regular daily intake for overall health!
Credits: Ceri, Zenxin master chef
Print the recipe! Organic Roast Parsnips with Garlic and Rosemary
Key factsPreparation: 10 mins Cooking time: 10+ 40 mins Serves: 4-6 pax
- French sea salt
- 600g organic Parsnips
- 1 ½ heads of organic Morado garlic
- Drizzle of Spanish organic cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- Sprigs of organic fresh rosemary
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C and boil a saucepan water with a pinch of sea salt.
- Peel and cut the parsnips into bite size pieces and add to boiling water and cook briefly for 10 minutes. (Reserve the water to use for soup later.)
- Prepare an oven tray with baking paper and drizzle over the olive oil. Break the garlic into cloves and add to the tray. They can be roasted in their skins.
- Drain the parsnips and add to the tray with the sprigs of rosemary and a pinch of sea salt. Place tray in the centre of the oven.
- Turn everything after 20 mins to roast evenly. Discard the baked rosemary and garnish with sprigs of fresh rosemary. Serve hot!
Learn more about this recipe!
Parsnips are a great addition to your diet. They are tap roots and grow underground in direct contact with the earth. When this is a rich, well balanced organic soil the result is they are packed full of nutrients. Although not so well known in Aisia, these root vegetables have a very beneficial nutritional profile. They are rich in vitamin C (11% RDA), manganese (10% RDA) and folate (B9 11% RDA). Folate in particular is important for pregnant women and developing babies as well as for general cardiovascular health. Vitamins B & C cannot be stored in the body, so for a ‘HealthierYou’ use parsnips as one of the veggies to ensure a regular daily intake for overall health.
The ingredients! ▼