Credits: Ceri, ZENXIN Master Chef
Muffins are great any time of the day for breakfast, lunch or tea, they are also fun to make together as a family.
While store bought muffins may be loaded with sugar and refined flours and oil, making your own means you can choose to add healthy whole grains and reduce the sugar by using apples in a healthier version.
These organic muffins combine pectin-rich apples, fibre-rich spelt and other excellent organic ingredients in a healthy treat.
- Preparation: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Total: 40 mins
- Serves: 12
- 300g Organic cake flour
- 2 tsp aluminium-free baking powder
- 50g Simply Natural Spelt Flakes
- 100g Simply Natural Organic Coconut Nectar Sugar
- A pinch of Simply Natural French Sea Salt
- 150g Organic Grass-fed Butter
- 1 cup Organic Milk
- 2 Organic Free-range Eggs
- 2 Organic Dazzle Apples, washed and cored
- Juice of 1 Organic Lemon
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and prepare muffin trays or cups.
- Add together the dry ingredients (flour, spelt, sugar, baking powder and salt) into a large stainless steel bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Melt the butter then add the milk followed by the eggs and whisk.
- Wash, quarter and core the apples, coat with lemon juice.
- Add the apple pieces into the dry mixture, stir and coat well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dried, mix thoroughly, but do not over-mix.
- Portion the mixture to the muffin tray as quickly as possible.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 30 mins until golden brown.
- Serve immediately!