- Cooking: 12 mins
- 1 1/2 cups organic dried pitted prunes
- 1 cup cashew pieces (peanuts or other nut variety would also work)
- sea salt optional
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Grind nut or seed in a food processor until nut pieces are very fine, but not flour-like.
- Add dried prunes and pulse until dough forms into a large ball. Taste and add sea salt, if desired, and pulse a few times again.
- Shape dough into 18 balls. Dough will be sticky; it helps to have slightly damp hands while working with dough.
- Place shredded coconut in a shallow bowl and roll prune balls in coconut to thoroughly cover ball.
- Store in a covered container, in the fridge for a couple of weeks.