Millet Potato Balls
Millet potato balls are made from very simple ingredients and are packed with plenty of vitamins and minerals. Perfect as a teatime treat to perk you up!
Simple and delicious, this millet potato balls recipe requires only 6 ingredients to make. Its creamy and smooth texture is also suitable for babies in the process of weaning. The combination of potato and sweet potatoes not only add nutritional value attributed to their fiber and vitamin A content, sweet potato also adds a natural mild sweet taste to the dish. The main ingredient- millet is a tiny but mighty whole grain loaded with protein, b vitamins and minerals. Instead of deep-frying, pan frying uses less oil and is definitely a healthier option for your kid. Perfect as a teatime snack and to gives extra boost of energy to your little one.
- Preparation time: 15 mins
- Cooking time: 25 mins
- Serves 15-20 balls
- 1/4 cup Simply Natural Organic Millet Hulled 500g
- 1 ZENXIN organic potato
- 1 ZENXIN organic sweet potato
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Some olive oil
- Cook millet in water until soft. Drain and dry.
- Steam potato and sweet potato until fork tender. Remove skin and mash with a fork.
- Add cooked millet into mashed potatoes. Add a little salt (optional) and mix well.
- Shape into balls. Lightly coat the surface with flour and pan fry in olive oil.