Longevity Noodles with Mushrooms by Chef Ceri
Wish your parents long life with this dish created from turmeric and shiitake!
Our handmade organic noodles contain 20% fresh organic turmeric purée. This golden root is a renowned anti-inflammatory, soothing muscle aches and joint pains and improving circulation.
Shiitake mushrooms with their umami flavour add deliciousness to any dish. They are anti-microbial and boost the immune system, which grows weaker with age. They lower cholesterol and help prevent plaque accumulation.
Stir-fried in the ‘Olive oil of the East’, organic, cold-pressed camellia seed oil, and with the ‘Long Life’ symbolism of our lovingly crafted noodles, this dish is truly worthy to wish your parents longevity and good health!
Credits: Ceri, Zenxin master chef
Print the recipe: Longevity Noodles with Mushrooms
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking time: 12 mins + 7 mins
Total: 29 mins
- 1 cup of Simply Natural organic fermented black bean sauce (light)
- 1/3 cup organic balsamic vinegar
- 20g Organic camellia seed oil
- 150g Organic brown onions, finely chopped
- 100g Organic Japanese sweet Choy Sum, finely chopped
- 100g Organic shiitake mushrooms
- 220g Organic chestnut mushrooms
- Simply Natural organic fermented black bean sauce (thick)
- 1 pkt Simply Natural organic handmade turmeric noodles
- A drizzle of organic toasted sesame oil
- 1 organic carrot, thin parings
- 1 organic Japanese cucumber, thin parings
- Mix the noodle dressing and set aside, excess can be stored in the fridge.
- Add the oil to the pot, followed by the chopped onions Stir fry until onions become transparent, then add the Japanese sweet choy sum.
- Add in the shiitake and chestnut mushrooms and continue to stir fry until the mushrooms are cooked.
- Add Simply Natural organic fermented black bean sauce (thick) to taste, stir, set aside and keep warm.
- Boil water in a separate pot and cook noodles for 7 mins.
- Drain noodles and drizzle them with organic toasted sesame oil.
- Add the noodle dressing to taste, mixing gently.
- Serve the noodles topped with the mushrooms and garnished with parings of carrot and Japanese cucumber.