Grisons Barley Soup
- 80 g Organic Red Onion, cut into halves
- 60 g Organic Carrot, cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 100 g Organic Leek, white part only, cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 100 g celeriac, peeled and cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 100 g Swiss air-dried beef “Bündnerfleisch”, or dried cured ham of choice, cut into strips (2 cm)
- 30 g unsalted butter
- 80 g Organic Pearl Barley
- 900 g water
- 2 tsp Vegetable stock paste (see Tip)
- 100 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 1 pinch Simply Natural French Sea Salt (Fine), to taste
- 1 pinch ground Organic Black Pepper, to taste
- ½ bunch fresh Organic Flat Parsley, leaves only, finely chopped, to garnish
- Place onions, carrot, leek, celeriac and Bündnerfleisch in mixing bowl, then chop 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add butter and sauté 3 min/120°C//speed 2.
- Add barley through hole in mixing bowl lid and sauté 2 min/120°C//speed Stirring.
- Add water and vegetable stock then cook 45 min/100°C//speed Stirring.
- Add cream, salt and pepper, then cook 3 min/100°C//speed Stirring. Divide between 4 soup bowls, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
- Chop onions, carrot, leek, celeriac and Bündnerfleisch and sauté with butter until fragrant.
- Add barley and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add water and vegetable stock and cook for 45 minutes.
- Add cream, salt and pepper, then cook for 3 minutes.
- Divide between 4 soup bowls, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.