This salad is an Asian twist on a Mediterranean favourite. It combines organic Choco tomatoes with rocket, and is topped by a delicious sesame dressing or goma-dare.
Sesame seeds are warming to balance the ‘cooling’ raw food and are packed full of anti-ageing antioxidants. Sesame contains tyrosine which supports serotonin activity improving stress response. Fermenting organic brown rice yields a vinegar that is sweeter and less acidic than traditional white vinegar and gives a lighter, more delicate dressing.
Rocket (Eruca vesicaria), also known as ‘arugula’ and ‘rucola’, has been a star in Mediterranean diets at least since Roman times and its peppery flavour adds punch to any salad. It belongs to the Cabbage family and contains anti-inflammatory, anti-carcinogenic isothiocyanates and is well worth adding to your diet.
The ‘Choco’ tomatoes add an interesting twist with their colouring ranging from red, through brown to green. Like all tomatoes they are high in the beneficial carotenoid lycopene, known for its beneficial antioxidant properties which help protect the heart, lower the risk of cancer & protect skin against the sun.
- Preparation: 15 mins
- Total: 15 mins
- Serves: 4-6
- A handful of organic rocket
- 1 organic Japanese cucumber
- 1 pkt organic ‘Choco’ tomatoes
- A pinch of Simply Natural French Sea Salt
Asian sesame dressing:
- 6 tbsp organic brown rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp organic tahini
- 3 tbsp Simply Natural Organic Acacia Honey
- 2 tbsp Simply Natural Fermented Black Bean Sauce
- 2 tbsp organic shiro miso
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp organic toasted sesame oil
- Wash & slice the tomatoes & sprinkle them with salt to bring out their flavour.
- Wash & spin dry the rocket adding it to the plates.
- Wash the cucumbers, slice into rings and quarter.
- Toast the sesame seeds until they become fragrant & start popping.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients adding a little filtered water if necessary.
- Add the sliced tomatoes & cucumber quarters to the plates.
- Drizzle over the dressing, sprinkle over the toasted sesame seeds, serve & enjoy!
Only 6 left in stock
Only 4 left in stock