ZENXIN Master Chef
Dutch Cherry Plum Tomatoes with Shallot Vinaigrette
The cherry plum tomatoes we import from Holland are know as the ‘snacking’ tomato because of their delicious ‘moreish’ flavour, you can’t stop eating them! Nutrition dense cherry tomatoes contain vitamin C, lycopene, lutein and beta-carotene. Their high water content is also helpful for hydration and digestion. Shallots considered holy in ancient Egypt because of their health benefits, have organosulphur compounds to help protect the body against cancer. The polyphenol content of our olive oil is high as the olives are pressed and bottled the same day. Store in a cool, dark place to preserve its heart healthy benefits. Balsamic vinegar helps lower cholesterol, improves digestion and even helps weight loss. Nothing beats fermented black bean sauce for adding that ‘umami’ flavour, made from organic black soya beans and sea salt this is a master sauce to refine any dish. Include this in your rainbow fruit and vegetable diet on a regular basis to support a whole range of bodily functions including healthy heart, digestion and skin. Print the recipe: Dutch Cherry Plum Tomatoes with Shallot Vinaigrett1
- Preparation: 15 mins
- Total: 15 mins
- Serves: 4
- 3 tbsp Spanish organic extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 tbsp organic balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Simply Natural organic fermented black bean sauce – Light
- 1 pkt organic cherry plum tomatoes
- 1 small organic shallot, finely diced
- Garnish with freshly ground organic black pepper and fresh organic sweet basil
- Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and fermented black bean sauce
- Peel and finely chop the shallot and place in a small glass bowl.
- Pour over the whisked mixture.
- Slice the tomatoes longitudinally and place on the serving plate.
- Spoon over the shallot mixture, add the basil and grate the black pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
The ingredients! ▼