Rich in fibre, cauliflower is also a member of the Brassica family. Like cabbage, Brussels sprouts and broccoli it contains indole-3-carbinol which when digested in the body forms diindolylmethane, a substance useful in protecting against breast, uterine and colorectal cancer.
Like broccoli, it also contains the nutrient choline essential for brain development and the production of neurotransmitters necessary for a healthy nervous system. A diet low in choline may result in earlier dementia or even Alzheimers.
This soup, while rich and creamy contains no dairy, but rather heart healthy olive oil and gut-healthy garlic with their additional excellent antioxidants.
Print the recipe: Simple Cauliflower Soup
Preparation: 12 mins
Cooking time: 22 mins
Total: 32 mins
- 20g Spanish organic extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil
- 2-3 cloves of organic Morado garlic
- 850-900g organic cauliflower
- 2 tbsp organic vegetable stock with Himalayan rock salt
- 1 tsp kombu shiitake dashi powder
- ~2 litres filtered water
- organic Welsh onions, washed and chopped
- Simply Natural Organic Red Chilli Flakes
- Wash and cut the cauliflower into small pieces.
- Measure out the olive oil into the Thermomix bowl.
- Peel the garlic and chop briefly using speed 10.
- Select 98°C on the temperature speed 1 and start to sauté the garlic.
- Add the cauliflower and sauté for a further 6 mins.
- Add water to the 2 litre mark and continue to cook for another 16 mins.
- Add the vegetable stock and dashi and blend on speed 10 for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with stir-fried organic Welsh onions and chilli flakes.
- Adjust taste and enjoy 🙂