1 hour 35 minutes
- 15 g fresh Organic English Parsley, leaves only
- 1 Organic Morado Garlic clove
- 5 leaves fresh Organic Thai Basil
- 30 g Simply Natural Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus 2 Tbsp for dressing
- 700 g water
- 1 ¼ tsp Simply Natural French Sea Salt (Fine)
- 200 g Simply Natural Organic Pearl Barley (pre-cooked for 12 mins)
- 800 g raw mixed seafood
- 100 g Organic Tomato (Cherry), halved
- 100 g Organic Lettuce (Crystal) or other lettuce
- 1 pinch ground Simply Natural Organic Black Pepper
- Place parsley in mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Place garlic, basil and olive oil in mixing bowl then heat 3 min/120°C/speed 1. Transfer dressing to a large salad bowl.
- Without washing mixing bowl, weigh in water and add salt. Insert simmering basket and weigh in cooked barley.
- Place Varoma dish into position and weigh in mixed seafood. Cover Varoma then steam 20 min/Varoma/speed 1. Remove Varoma and set aside to cool. Meanwhile, remove simmering basket with aid of spatula and drain barley. Add cooked seafood and cooked barley to salad bowl.
- Place salad bowl on mixing bowl lid. Weigh in tomatoes and lettuce. Remove bowl from lid. Add reserved chopped parsley, oil, salt and pepper. Mix well then leave to cool in fridge for 1 hour. Remove a short time before serving at room temperature.
- Chop the parsley and set aside.
- Sauté garlic, basil and olive oil until fragrant. Transfer the dressing into a large salad bowl.
- Steam the mixed seafood for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix pre-cooked barley with the mixed seafood.
- Add tomato, lettuce, reserved chopped parsley, oil, salt and pepper. Mix well then leave to cool in fridge for 1 hour. Remove a short time before serving at room temperature.