1 hour 30 minutes
4 – 5
For Bread Dough:
- 300g Bread flour
- 100g Mashed potato
- 1 tbsp Simply Natural Nutritional yeast flakes
- 40g Simply Natural Sugar
- 3g Dry yeast
- 3g Simply Natural Sea salt
- 180g Water
- 30g Vegetable oil
For Bread Topping:
- Some chopped fresh rosemary
- Some sea salt
- Some egg wash
How To Make An Egg Wash:
Beat one organic egg and one tablespoon of milk until well combined
- Stir yeast and 1tsp (3.5g) of sugar in a glass of 70g lukewarm water, set aside for 7 – 10 minutes, or until yeast mixture looks bubbly.
- In a mixing bowl, add yeast mixture and remaining ingredients except for bread flour and stir with a whisk until smooth. Add bread flour to form a shaggy dough.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap for about an hour, or until it has doubled in size.
- Sprinkle some bread flour on dough surface, punch down to expel air. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into 25 pieces – 21 pieces (about 27g each) for tree and 4 pieces (about 19g each) for tree trunk, fold each piece into ball.
- Line baking tray with baking paper, arrange dough balls like a Christmas tree on baking tray. Let it proof for another 40 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Brush top of dough balls with egg wash, sprinkle chopped fresh rosemary and sea salt on top.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm!