Organic Pumpkin Soup for Longevity
Did you know that pumpkin features in all the Blue Zones diets for Longevity? Not only is it low-calorie, high fibre, but it is rich in potasium, beta-carotene, zeaxanthin, lutein and vitamin C, making it heart-healthy, gut-healthy and protective for eye health.
Credits: Ceri, Zenxin master chef
Print the recipe! Blue Zone Pumpkin Soup
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total: 30 mins
• 20g organic extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil
• 3 cloves of organic Morado garlic
• 1 kg organic Japanese pumpkin
• 2 tbsp organic vegetable stock concentrate with Himalayan rock salt
• 2 litres water
- Wash and peel the pumpkin and cut into small pieces.
- Measure out the olive oil into the Thermomix bowl
- Peel the garlic and add, chop using speed 10 for 5 secs.
- Select time 20 mins, temp 98°C, speed 1 and start to sauté the garlic.
- Add in the chopped pumpkin and sauté for 8 mins.
- Add water to the 2 litre mark and continue to cook for another 12 mins.
- When the program is complete add the vegetable stock and blend on speed 10 for 2 minutes.