- Preparation: 10 + 30 + 10 + 60 + 20 mins
- Cooking: 20 mins
- Total: 150 mins
- Serves: 6-8
- Preparation: 15 mins
- Total: 15 mins
- Serves: 6-8
- 1 tbsp active dried Baker’s yeast
- 1 tsp organic brown sugar
- ½ cup warm filtered water
- 1 cup organic unbleached flour
- 1 ¼ cups warm filtered water
- 3 cups organic unbleached flour
- 2 tsp French sea salt
- ~400g organic Japanese cucumber
- ~400g organic tomatoes-on-the vine
- ~200g organic green capsicum
- ~100g organic red onion
- ~100g organic sheep’s feta cheese
- 1 small bunch of fresh organic flat leaf parsley
- 1 head of organic Romaine lettuce
- 3 tbsp freshly pressed organic lemon juice
- 3 tbsp ‘Simply Natural’ Spanish organic cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh organic mint
- 1 tbsp fresh organic dill
- ½ tsp sumac powder
- A handful of organic black olives
- ½ tsp ‘Simply Natural’ red chilli flakes if desired
- Freshly ‘Simply Natural’ grated organic black pepper
- A pinch of ‘Simply Natural’ French sea salt
- In a large bowl mix yeast, sugar and ½ cup water. Cover and leave to stand for 10 mins.
- Yeast should be frothy. Add in 1 cup of flour, mix well, cover and leave for 30 mins.
- Add salt + remaining warm water to the sponge + 3 cups flour. Combine completely.
- Add a little more flour if the dough is too sticky and kneed for a further 10 mins.
- Oil bowl, replace dough, cover and leave to rest for an hour or until it doubles in size.
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C and place baking stone or tray in the middle of the oven.
- Turn dough onto a floured board and roll into a cylinder, into 6-8 equal portions.
- Take each piece and flatten into rough circles with the heel of your palm.
- Cover and leave to rest for another 20 mins.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or until they turn golden brown.
- Wash and dice cucumber, tomatoes and capsicum.
- Peel and dice the red onion and marinate using 1 tbsp lemon juice.
- Wash and spin dry the lettuce and tear into bite size pieces.
- Wash all the fresh herbs, spin dry and chop finely.
- Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Whisk sumac and remaining lemon juice with olive oil and pour over salad.
- Add olives and crumble feta cheese over the salad.
- Add seasoning as desired and serve with warm pitta bread.