Organic Pumpkin Soup for Longevity
Did you know that pumpkin features in all the Blue Zones diets for Longevity? Not only is it low-calorie, high fibre, but it is rich in potasium, beta-carotene, zeaxanthin, lutein and vitamin C, making it heart-healthy, gut-healthy and protective for eye health.
Credits: Ceri, Zenxin master chef
Print the recipe! Blue Zone Pumpkin Soup
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Total: 30 mins
• 20g organic extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil
• 3 cloves of organic Morado garlic
• 1 kg organic Japanese pumpkin
• 2 tbsp organic vegetable stock concentrate with Himalayan rock salt
• 2 litres water
- Wash and peel the pumpkin and cut into small pieces.
- Measure out the olive oil into the Thermomix bowl
- Peel the garlic and add using the chopping speed 10.
- Select 20 mins on the timer and 98°C on the temperature speed 1 and startto sauté the garlic.
- Add the pumpkin and sauté for 6 mins.
- Add water to the 2 litre mark and continue to cook.
- After the program is completed add the vegetable stock and blend on speed 10 for 2 minutes.
Only 15 left in stock