Did you know our organic lemons are air flown in from Europe to prevent the need for chemical coatings? Our lemons are free from pre-harvest pesticides and post harvest fungicides. Plus they are never coated in petroleum based preservative wax to extend their shelf life.
We import them from Spain, where over 4,000 hectares are dedicated to organic lemon production, leading the EU with ~100,000 tonnes produced annually. Spain has the necessary hot dry summers and relatively low humidity for producing fruit with little peel blemish.
This fresh whole organic lemon juice brings you the benefits of juice, pith and peel with their powerful flavonoid antioxidants.
The peel has Naringenin to stimulate the liver to burn excess fat and reduce blood sugar, triglycerides and cholesterol. Hesperidin beneficial for the cardiovascular system also reduces bone loss and lipids post menopause and induces cancer cell apoptosis, while d-Limonene improves digestion and has similar anti-cancer properties.
Apart from fibre, the pith also contains Diosmin which increases lymphatic contractions improving the micro-circulation of the body. Interestingly citrus pith has been used in Ayurveda for thousands of years to improve circulation and blood flow.
Print the recipe: Organic Lemonade Thermomix version
Preparation: 2 mins
Processing time: 2 secs + 30 secs + 2 secs
Total: 2 mins 34 seconds
Serves: 6 – 8
- 50g rock sugar
- 1 litre filtered water
- 2 whole organic lemons
- Wash and top and tail the lemons
- Measure out 50g rock sugar into the Thermomix bowl
- Grind the sugar to powder using the Turbo function, 2 secs
- Add 1 litre of filtered water and blend on speed 10 for 30 secs
- Quarter and add the whole lemons
- Select Turbo function again and blend everything together for 2 secs only
- Strain using the simmering basket and sieve through a funnel into the serving bottle
- Serve immediately and enjoy 🙂