Not all mooncakes are made equal. Instead of high-calorie sugar-packed mooncakes, try to make a healthy version of mooncakes at home. ZENXIN recommends adding natural and nutritious ingredients such as nuts, raisins and coconut nectar sugar in place of artificial additives and flavourings.
You can actually make a healthy version of Five Kernels Mooncake at home in no time with ZENXIN’s awesome organic ingredients!
Print the recipe: Homemade Healthy Five Kernels Mooncake
- Servings: 6 pieces
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 35 minutes
- |Total time: 45 minutes
- 80g Butter
- 25g Organic Coconut Nectar Sugar
- 130g Organic Unbleached Plain Flour
- 1 Egg yolk
- 25g Glutinous rice flour
- 15g Water
- 10g Fresh Raw Honey
- 10g High Oleic Organic Sunflower Oil
- 10g Natural Brown Sugar
- 10g 100% Almond Butter
- ½ teaspoon Organic Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 100g Combination of nuts (Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, Organic Black Sesame Seeds, Organic Unhulled White Sesame, Dehydrated Almonds and Dehydrated Walnuts )
- 10g Organic Red Seedless Jumbo Raisins
- In a bowl, mix the butter and coconut nectar sugar well.
- Add in egg yolk and mix well.
- Slowly add in plain flour. Combine well.
- Divide the mooncake dough into 6 equal portions and set aside.
- In a pan, cook the glutinous flour until it is golden in colour.
- Combine honey, vegetable oil, brown sugar, Chinese Five Spice Powder, almond butter and water with the cooked glutinous flour. Mix well.
- Add in raisins or other dried fruits. Mix well.
- Divide the fillings into 6 portions.
- Roll the mooncake skin dough on a surface dusted with flour. Then, place the mooncake fillings in the middle of the dough.
- Gently apply some egg liquid on the surface of the mooncakes.
- Place the mooncakes in the preheated oven to bake for 35 minutes, at 170°C.
- Remove the mooncake from the oven to cool at room temperature and serve!
Only 7 left in stock
Only 17 left in stock