A fresh raw organic green juice is a great way to start off your day!
Why raw green juice?
A raw green juice is hydrating and alkalising. Loaded with chlorophyll and antioxidants it’s a natural detoxifier and improves digestion.
Why make your own juice? You control the quality of the ingredients and drink a vibrant juice immediately with all the vitamins and energetic components at their best.
Cold-pressed or ‘Wholejuice’? Cold-pressed gives you fresh juice for healing the gut and chronic diseases. Wholejuice still has all the fibre or prebiotics to promote healthy gut bacteria and digestion.
Why consume immediate immediately?
When you juice, the cell walls of the fruit and veggies are ripped apart exposing the beneficial nutrients to oxidation. Lemon juice slows the oxidation, but for full benefit drink the juice within 20 minutes.
Please do choose organic ingredients, check out the latest pesticide residues on EWG’s “Dirty
For our first juice in the juicing box series we have chosen spinach as the focus as it is one of the best plant sources of iron and is rich in carotenoids for skin and eye health. Cucumber helps in elimination of uric acid and is helpful for gout and arthritis sufferers. Lemon boosts the immune system with vitamin C and anti inflammatory ginger balances the cooling nature of the other ingredients.
Print the recipe: Healthy Green English Spinach Juice
- 130g organic English spinach
- 1 organic local cucumber ~260g
- ½ an organic lemon
- ½” organic Peruvian ginger
A teaspoonful of raw organic honey
- Wash and remove the bottom root of the spinach and twist into 1” lengths.
- Wash, top and tail the cucumber and cut into small pieces.
- Wash and scrub the ginger carefully if using the skin or scrape to remove.
- Wash top and tail the lemon and halve longitudinally.
- Begin by feeding through the cucumber followed by the other ingredients.
- Add a little filtered water to release the final nutrients from the juicer.
- For those who prefer a sweeter version stir in the raw, organic honey now.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Please note you can take the fibre and use it to add to savoury muffins.