This heart-healthy dip is great for parties and picnics. Originating in Italy, the cooked cannellini beans used here have a light, fluffy texture with a mild, nutty flavour.
The cannellini beans are from the La Bio Idea range, but the dip could equally well be made with their butter beans, haricot beans or chickpeas.
Beans add to the overall protein content of the dish, but also contribute to the healthy fibre content. By adding organic baby spinach and fresh herbs we have a mixture to cleanse your body with gentle fibre & chlorophyll while boosting available mineral and antioxidants. This dip improves gut and skin health as it helps cleanse from the inside out!
‘Simply Natural’ Spanish Extra-virgin cold pressed organic olive oil helps protect the cardiovascular system from inflammation and is beneficial for the whole body. In combination with avocado the dish delivers a wealth of essential fatty acids. Adding organic lemon with its vitamin C increases the available iron content and prevents the avocado from turning brown.
Finally, the tasty, tangy organic Greek feta cheese with its creamy, crumbly texture adds a piquant note to the overall flavour. Made from sheep & goat’s milk, it is typically lower in calories than most other cheeses. It provides conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), a fatty acid which is linked to reduced body fat, as well as calcium & phosphorus needed for healthy teeth & bones.
- Preparation: 15 minutes
- Total: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4-6
- A pinch of French salt
- 2 cloves Spanish organic garlic, smashed
- 2 tbs ‘Simply Natural’ Spanish organic extra-virgin cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 large handfuls organic spinach
- 1/3 cup organic fresh sweet basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup organic spring onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup organic coriander, chopped
- 400g BPA-free can of La Bio Idea cannellini beans
- 1 small organic avocado
- The juice of 1 organic lemon
- 100g organic Greek feta cheese
- Freshly ground organic black pepper to taste
- 2 organic Australian carrots
- 1 organic Japanese cucumber
- 1 piece of organic pumpkin
- 1 organic green apple
- 2 sticks of organic celery
- 2 organic clementines
- A few organic kumquats
- Wash, top & tail all the vegetables for the crudités.
- Top, tail & remove the skin from the garlic & pound together with French sea salt.
- Add to the TX bowl with the olive oil, spinach, & chopped fresh herbs.
- Drain the beans & reserve the liquid for later. Add the beans to the TX bowl.
- Press out the juice of one organic lemon.
- Skin & remove the stone from the avocado & add with the lemon juice to the TX bowl.
- Add the feta cheese, saving a little to crumble as garnish.
- Blend on speed 4 until the desired consistency is reached.
- Spoon into the serving bowl and crumble over the reserved cheese.
Only 8 left in stock
Only 4 left in stock
Only 9 left in stock
Only 9 left in stock
Only 6 left in stock
Only 2 left in stock
Only 3 left in stock
Only 10 left in stock