Cold pressed virgin coconut oil from fresh coconuts has a delicious tropical aroma and is rich in medium chain triglycerides and polyphenol antioxidants thought to have lipid lowering and anti inflammatory properties. Coconut oil can reduce appetite and increase fat burning, and appears to be especially effective at reducing belly fat.
Raw cacao contains bioavailable iron and tryptophan, the amino acid the body uses to make serotonin. Good levels of serotonin are associated with feelings of well-being and happiness, this neurotransmitter also modulates cognition and learning.
Walnuts are touted as a great brainfood containing healthy omega-3 fatty acids, plus they are beneficial for gut bacteria encouraging the production of butyrate, a fat that nourishes and promotes gut health.
Print recipe: Fragrant Coconut Chocolates with Walnuts
Preparation: 10 mins
Chilling time: > 1 hr
Total: 1 hr 10 mins
- 1 cup organic walnuts
- 1 cup organic virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp Spanish organic lavender honey
- A pinch of French sea salt
- Chop the walnuts in the Thermomix bowl with the simmering basket in place to keep the
nuts on the blades at speed 5 for a couple of seconds.
- If necessary repeat to get small pieces of walnut.
- Remove the basket and add in the coconut oil, cacao, salt and honey.
- Blend until completely merged, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Spoon mixture into silicone moulds and chill for at least an hour.
- This amount fills 3 silicone moulds.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
Only 87 left in stock
Only 8 left in stock