- 30 g Simply Natural Red Split Lentils
- ½ ZENXIN Organic Lemon, thin peelings of skin only
- 2 cm ZENXIN Organic Root Ginger, peeled, cut in round slices (2 mm)
- 300 g ZENXIN Organic Carrots, cut in pieces (3-4 cm)
- 50 g ZENXIN Organic Onions, quartered
- 50 g unsalted butter, diced 1 vegetable stock cube (for 0.5 l), crumbled or 1 heaped tsp vegetable stock paste, homemade
- 500 g water
- ½ tsp Simply Natural French Sea Salt (Fine)
- ¼ tsp Simply Natural Organic Black Pepper (Ground)
- 2 sprigs ZENXIN Organic Fresh Coriander, leaves only, plus extra roughly chopped for garnishing
- 100 g milk, plus extra for serving if desired or single cream, plus extra for serving if desired
Place lentils, lemon peel and ginger in mixing bowl then grind 10 sec/speed 10. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula then grind again 10 sec/speed 10.
Add carrots, onions and butter then chop 4 sec/speed 4.5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add vegetable stock, water, salt and pepper then cook 15 min/100°C/speed 2.
Add coriander and milk then blend until smooth 1 min/speed 5-10, increasing speed gradually. Garnish with roughly chopped coriander and a swirl of milk if desired then serve hot.
Blend lentils, lemon peel and ginger. Set aside.
Next, chop carrots, onions and mix with butter. Set aside.
In a cooking pot, add all blended and chopped ingredients with vegetable stock, water, salt and pepper. Cook for 15 minutes.
Before serving, add coriander and milk then mix well.
Garnish with roughly chopped coriander and a swirl of milk if desired then serve hot.