A simple Chinese-style sweet soup or tong sui made of fresh fruits simmered together with dried golden figs.
Print the recipe: Asian Pear and Dried Fig Soup
- Preparation: 5 mins
- Cooking: 1 hr
- Total Time: 1hr 5 mins
- 2 medium Asian pears, peeled, cored, and cut into wedges
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and cut into wedges
- 6 small to medium dried golden figs (such as Calimyrna)
- 1 tablespoon sweet apricot kernels (optional)
- In a large pot, place water with the pears, apples, dried figs, and sweet apricot kernels (if using).
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 1 hour.
- The fruits should be completely soft but still hold their shape. Serve hot or at room temperature.