Commerically available apple jams are loaded with sugar, preservatives or stabilisers. This recipe incorporates different ingredients like pandan leaf, cinnamon and 5 spices powder for flavours , natural sweetness from the apples serve to enhance the aroma and flavour of the jam, thus reducing the amount of sugar used. The health benefits of apple are plenty, apples are rich in nutrients including pectin (for heart and bowel health), vitamin C (for healthy skin and immune system) and polyphenols (a powerful antioxidant that possesses anticancer properties). This handmade apple jam can be used as pizza or pie fillings. As well, it makes for a great snack!
Print the recipe: Apple Cinnamon Jam by Angela Tham
Winner: Angela Tham (IG: Thamangela)
- Preparation time: 5-10 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Serves: 1 jar (150ml)
- Bring water to a boil. Pour all ingredients into the pot.
- Take out pandan leaves after 10 mins.
- Stew for 30-40 mins until sauce thickens.
- This handmade apple cinnamon jam can be stored in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
Only 36 left in stock
Only 16 left in stock